CALL FOR NOMINATIONS – 2019 Awards
Each year, the Wyoming State Bar seeks nominations for the Pro Bono Awards. These awards recognize dedicated members of the legal profession who are committed to providing legal services to the poor in Wyoming. Nominations for the 2019 awards are due on July 31, 2019.
Attorneys are in a unique position to help those who cannot afford access to the legal system. The Wyoming State Bar seeks nominations of deserving individuals, groups and entities that perform exceptional work in the field of legal services to the poor.
Award nomination forms and supporting materials must be received on or before July 31, 2019, at 5:00 p.m. Nomination packets may be sent by mail to Wyoming State Bar, P.O. Box 109, Cheyenne, WY 82003, or by e-mail to Cathy Duncil.
Each attorney nominee must be a member in good standing with the Wyoming State Bar.
Additional materials such as news stories, magazine articles, or other appropriate commentaries may be included with a nomination. However, please limit each nomination to 10 pages, including supporting materials and the Award Nomination Form. Questions should be directed to Cathy Duncil, Pro Bono Coordinator, at (307) 432-2105.
CALL FOR NOMINATIONS – 2019 Burman Extraordinary Service Award
Recipient: A member of the Wyoming State Bar who has contributed several years of service well above and beyond the call of duty in service reflective of the career and service of Professor John M. Burman
Criteria: To be considered for this award, a member of the Wyoming bar must demonstrate several years of extraordinary service to:
- Wyoming’s Attorneys—Especially, but not exclusively, via mentoring and providing advice to members of the Bar
- Wyoming State Bar—Especially, but not exclusively, through volunteer service on Bar and judicial committees, contributions to the Wyoming Lawyer, and provision of quality continuing legal education programs
- Ethics and Professional Responsibility—Especially, but not exclusively, through advising attorneys regarding professional responsibility matters and support of the Wyoming attorney discipline system
- University of Wyoming College of Law—Especially, but not exclusively, in support of its clinical and other experiential education programs and mentorship of law students
- Citizens of Wyoming—Especially, but not exclusively, through uncompensated legal services for those unable to afford legal representation, service to children, service on local and other boards, and other public service, especially uncompensated service
- Wyoming Judiciary—Especially, but not exclusively, through assistance to Wyoming’s judges and service in support of the Wyoming judicial selection system
- The International Community—Especially, but not exclusively, through international legal teaching and efforts to bring the Rule of Law to countries outside the United States
Anyone is allowed to nominate a member of the Wyoming State Bar to receive this award. The call for nominations will ask nominators to designate how their nominees have provided extraordinary service in at least two, but preferably more, of the categories listed above. Nomination form and supporting materials must be received on or before July 31, 2019, at 5:00 p.m. Nomination packets may be sent by mail to Wyoming State Bar, P.O. Box 109, Cheyenne, WY 82003, or by e-mail to Cathy Duncil.?Questions should be directed to Cathy Duncil, Pro Bono Coordinator, at (307) 432-2105